When summer arrives, we often enjoy the glass of passion fruit juice to cool down the heat. It fascinates people by the pleasant aroma as well as the sweet and sour taste stimulating. Not only is it just refreshment, but passion fruit is also considered as one of the healthiest fruits by nutritionists. Even it has an important role in many folk remedies.
Many studies suggest an unexpected result that it has the same nutritional value as 10 apples. According to Medicalnewstoday, this fruit has an abundance of vitamins and minerals. Specifically, 100g passion fruit contains 29 IU vitamin A, 63 mg kali, 5 mg magie, 5,4 mg vitamin C, 2 mg canxi, 0,29 mg iron, 1,9 g fiber. Additionally, it provides a significant amount of phosphorus, niacin, vitamin B6 which are associated with boosting the immune system.
What are the great benefits of passion fruit?
1. Moisturizing and brightening skin
As the essential oils in passion fruit seeds possess lightening properties that are not viscous, the skin can be absorbed quickly and effectively. Besides, it is also a perfect moisturizer help to nourish healthy skin, especially acne skin.
Just put a little of passion fruit juice in your face wash, you will see your white skin visibly brighter after a couple of weeks.
2. Improve brain health
Apart from potassium, the fruit has folate. These substances are important elements in relaxing your mind and preventing stress. The functioning of the brain also greatly improves, especially the retention of information.
3. Supports heart health
This fruit consists of compounds that help lower blood cholesterol. Typically, phenolic acid or flavonoid inside this fruit can limit the risk of atherosclerotic diseases and remove the plethora of cholesterol from the inside of blood vessels.
4. Help strengthen bones
The minerals in passion fruit, when combined with other plentiful minerals in green vegetables and milk, can help maintain bone density and prevent osteoporosis.
5. Good source of fiber
This fruit is high in fiber. As we all know, fiber is an important component of our daily menu.
Fiber has a laxative effect, stimulates the bowel’s ability, enhance digestion, and accelerate the elimination of oxidation products. The insoluble fiber in water may be the safest and most effective remedy for constipation prevention. It softens and purifies the amount of waste from your body.
Some culinary tips with passion fruit
1. Passion fruit butter
- 250 g butter
- 500 g sugar
- 4 egg
- 12 passionfruit
- Place butter and sugar into a saucepan over slow heat until melted. Remove from heat.
- Beat up the eggs and passionfruit pulp with an electric mixer.
- Add this to the butter mixture and place back on stove stirring all the time.
- When it thickens remove from heat, cool, and bottle.
2. Passion fruit cheesecake
- Sweet biscuit crumbs
- 80g butter, melted
- 500g PHILADELPHIA Block Cream Cheese softened
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons gelatine, dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cream, lightly whipped
- 2 x 170g cans passionfruit pulp
- Kiwi fruit slices, garnish
- Amalgamate biscuit crumbs and butter and press into the base of a lightly greased 20cm springform pan; chill.
- Stir cheese and sugar using an electric mixer until smooth. Add lemon juice and gelatine mixture and beat until combined. Fold through the cream and 1 can of passionfruit pulp.
- Freeze for 3 hours. Decorate cheesecake topped with kiwi fruit and drizzled and remaining passionfruit pulp.
3. Passion fruit juice
- Five passion fruit
- Two teaspoons of rock sugar.
- Wash fruit, halved scraped to get intestines.
- Add sugar to dissolve with passion fruit.
- Filter several times until there are no black particles.
- Put juice in the cup, add some ice.
Eco-Fruits works closely with local farmers across Vietnam to ensure product quality. We’re capable of providing high -quality passion fruit at a reasonable price to many markets around the globe.
Contact us for quotations and collaborating opportunities.